Event Coordinator Wanted!
Wellington North Badminton is the regional body responsible for the promotion and development of badminton in the Wellington North region (north of Ngaio to south of Paekakariki). Established in 1976, we are a member association of Badminton New Zealand.
This role will suit a dynamic and innovative team player, with strong administration and sales skills and a hands-on approach, to deliver exceptional competition and events management. The role is based in Tawa, Wellington and some regional travel may be required.
This is a part-time (20 hours) role on an initial 1 year fixed-term contract. Flexible working hours with some evening and weekend hours will be required. There is potential for this role to grown into a full-time permanent role.
What you will do
- Manage all aspects of event delivery for badminton events and competitions, this includes but is not limited to:
- Communications and promotions of events, programmes, and competitions
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to assist with programme and event delivery
- Collect feedback and data from all event/programme participants for reporting and continuous improvement
- Manage all aspects of event delivery utilising Stadium facilities (such as the Muir Lounge and Boardroom), this includes but is not limited to:
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event
- Communications and promotions of venue spaces for hire
What you will bring
- Sound understanding of general badminton competition rules and regulations is highly desirable but not essential
- Competition and events management and delivery experience, ideally in a range of environments including performance/schools/clubs/communities’ settings
- A team player - works constructively with team members and/or other employees towards the Wellington North Badminton Vision and Mission statements
- Demonstrates high standards and behaviours that deliver superior customer service
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, promoting and selling ideas to others
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels
- Strength in problem-solving, critical, and analytical thinking
- Excellent eye for detail and time management
- Financial and budget management skills is advantageous
- Marketing and social media skills are highly desirable
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midday (12pm), 4 February. Only applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed before application closes.