We know commitment can be hard, and playing with/against people at a similar level is more fun. So we have come up with a brand new Ladder Competition to cater for everyone.
Updated Ladder Rankings will be posted shortly after every competition night.
Fortnightly on Wednesdays from 4th March till end of September. The competition will run for a total of 16 sessions.
Registration/Warm-up: from 7:30pm
Matches start: 7:45pm sharp
Prepaid your sessions and save!
$120 for 16 sessions (guarantee spot)
$65 for 8 sessions
or $10 casual fee
Team WN Masters, Vets and S-Vets get free entry
- Each fortnight, the player pool will be those who have registered and are present by the 7:40 cutoff.
- 5 players from the player pool will be put into a box in descending order, based on the current ladder ranking*. E.g if players in position 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 are present they will go into box 1 etc.
- Each player in the box will play with everyone else once (should be 4 matches)
- Matches are best of three games, FIRST TO 21 (no extension), if it goes to a 3rd game it's FIRST TO 5 (no extension)
- Winners of each box go up a ranking, losers go down. There will only be 1 winner and loser of each box
- Winner will be established by number of matches won, if 2 or more players have won the same amount of matches, the winner will be decided by the amount of games won, then by total points won.
- If you don't show up for 2 competition nights in a row, you will automatically go down one ranking (after any change in ranking as a result of the competition night)
- Males and Females play on the same ladder
- 15 spots are reserved for Masters, Vets and Super Vets by the cutoff time. Registration on the day will be on a first in first serve basis for any remaining spots.
- 7:30pm warm up
- 7:40pm cutoff for guaranteed/reserved spots
- First games are to be playing at 7:45pm
- Shuttles are provided
- Mystery prizes for people placed in top 3 at the end of the competition
*initial rankings and late entries will be ranked by the discretion of the Wellington North Badminton events team.
Leave us a comment below if you have any questions and we will answer them directly on here for everyone.Wellington North Badminton Events Team